Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Resurrection

It's time to re-activate this. Why this aging platform? Because like many others I stopped posting on another certain blog because of corporate acquisition and censorship. For a few years I just got out of the habit of posting at all. I like the ability to post whatever I'm working on though, and I've always worked in both words and images. That works here. I've activated the adult content warning because there's some of that on older posts, although I'm doing a lot less of that currently. For now, this will be a place to talk about my return to taking photography more seriously. A small group of young creatives has come to town, in the process helping me to realize that I missed the day to day photography that had largely given way to occasional... lately, very occasional... organized photo shoots. By just carring a camera down to Main Street most mornings for coffee, and then talking shop, lots of random images happen. One here, three there instead of 200 in a couple hours, although that will still occasionally happen too. It's also been an opportunity to share knowledge with folks who are passionate about photography, but hadn't been born when I began my photojournalism career. There are also two exhibits up currently, the first two I've done in years. That's generated more opportunities to meet interesting people and talk about assorted creative things. Initially, I'll talk about my thought process as creating images once again becomes a frequent event. I'll post results. I'll talk some, initially, about equipment although we should be past that pretty quickly. There may be some observations on what I'm seeing elsewhere. After that, who knows. Let's see where it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment