Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Media

 I'm back in an analog mood. These things are unpredictable and not entirely rational, when the mood strikes the easy way is to follow it for a while. In this case I think it's mostly about slowing down a little, engaging with the process of creating images, getting back to basics for a while. It's going a little deeper this time: In addition to processing film (six rolls so far this week, mostly Tri X, some FP4, a roll of HP5 in the camera now) and getting a feel for current iterations of various choices, I'm also back to processing in Rodinal. It was long one of my favorites, put on the side for a while. It's a huge plus that I was able to grab a mostly full bottle that's several years old and it works just fine.

I've also cleaned up the darkroom and am almost set to print. The only thing I'm waiting on is some Dektol which is one the way from B&H and should arrive day after tomorrow, so probably there will be contact sheets this weekend and maybe some prints. For now, I may stay with hard copy and not scan much... concentrate on the process for a while as I zero in the workflow.

No comments:

Post a Comment