Sunday, August 22, 2010

Paradigm shift

Oakland - On Friday, while walking from a meeting in San Francisco's civic center complex to our office in the financial district, I realized that I was feeling so much more at home here than I had been last week in downtown Chicago... A place that I worked in for 15 years.

That was reinforced this morning when, on 880, a pickup truck lost a load of large plastic bottles all over the right lane. Three people pulled over and helped the guy pick everything up, while everyone else stopped and patiently waited til the lane was clear. No honking, no road rage, no passing. Again, so unlike what I'd witnessed most every morning on the highways of Chicago.

***

This morning, after not enough sleep, I did a shoot with Keira Grant out on the headlands. The light was perfect, fog just burning off, directional light but soft. It was a good decision to schedule just the one shoot here this weekend, fun without the stress that any more bookings would have brought.

Tomorrow I head home after a late morning meeting in San Francisco, and for the first time in two months there's no immediate travel on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment