Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Travel

Yesterday I drove down to the Bay Area, and after a brief stop in Oakland headed across the Bay to catch an early evening flight to Chicago. Uneventful, as these things go. I've been remarkably lucky with flights these past several years, considering that I fly a fair amount the delays have been minor and few. Other things I'll take some credit for... Flying with carry on bags only means no opportunity for misplaced luggage.

Weather is complicating my Chicago projects, with frequent thunderstorms keeping my team hotel bound too often. If we can get four good days of the next 10, we should be OK. Until we do, it messes with scheduling. One of my key people goes home tomorrow after more than a month on the ground here, which means more work for me to wrap things up.

I haven't planned any shoots yet, and probably won't till the work schedule is a little more set. There are opportunities, if I choose to make them happen, but after three last trip, and hardly any time at home since early June, I'm already behind so not pushing too hard for more. There are also multiple Bay Area opportunities, and I'll have a few days there on the way home.

After this, the travel schedule becomes less certain. I'll be back here for meetings this fall, but may have as little as a week advance notice. Hard to plan like that. It is what it is, all one can do is make the best of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment